Dream Report

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cyan Goon
    Participant

There are counters made of steel and a sink which is about four feet deep, filled with a jet black liquid. A steel ladder leads into the pool. To the right of the sink is a large computer terminal. To the right of the computer terminal is an alcove in which resides a short, white-furred creature whom runs a small shop of sorts. To the right of this is a doorway which leads to a snow-covered plain. Along the opposite wall, across from the terminal and shop, there is a living room with couches and a table. Across from the sinks there is a round metal doorway which leads to the inside of a large house in which many people gather for parties.

I’m young at this point of the dream, maybe 14 or 16.

I enter the room of my mind and know it for what it is and become excited. I see that there is a head of savoy cabbage on the sink, and wonder where it came from and if I could eat it. My sister enters the room, I tell her that it is possible to manifest anything within this room, if the DNA of it has been absorbed. I think that the black pool is the key to this. She seems to have some knowledge of the room and asks about these small lacewing-like flies which are around (sort of like the mites in the opening scenes of Metroid 3). I had not noticed these before but see them now.

I find an old takeout box of sushi beneath a coffee table, open it, see that it is bad. I consider throwing it into the pool but decide against it.

I turn on the computer terminal and find that it contains an AI with a disembodied facial hologram for an avatar. There is depth behind the screen – the image projected is thus three-dimensional. I am able to converse with this by combination of vocal prompt and selecting answers from a list of about 7 options which it provides. The grammar, syntax, and the content of the answers is cryptic and irregular, but I understand the underlying meaning of each.

I ask the computer for information about itself and about the room, and it provides me with lines of information which I realize are written in reverse and inverted shapes made to look like crude facsimiles of clay animals. After I select a response to this the computer presents an image, similar to a Magic Eye illusion, and I stare into it.

The image leads me to a game, sort a free-roaming MOBA, and within this game world I soon find an object which I am able to take back into the room of the mind. It is metallic, golden, nearly egg-shaped (though with a flattened bottom), with a square grid engraved over its surface. I am instructed to bring this to the entity in the alcove next to the terminal.

The being there takes the egg, begins scanning it, telepathically explains that there are many of these eggs and that some contain the same information as others of its kind. It shows me a large steel rack full of slots for these objects – there is a separate slot for each different sort of egg, maybe fifty or sixty slots total. If this egg turns out to already exist in the rack, it explains that it will take the egg and provide me with some manner of compensation for it. There are a few eggs already in the rack, maybe three or six.
    This egg turns out to be new – it loads it into the rack while saying something along the lines of “if the witness turns its eye for even a moment, it loses itself”. I thank the creature, return to the terminal, enter into another dream through it.

This time I am projected rapidly through a few days in the lives of some men whom lived in a small rural town, fairly dry climate, possibly mid-19th century. On an evening after this they are driving their trucks out to a large, unpainted barn in the middle of a desolate, brown field. Within this dusty structure they sit, drink scotch, and talk about life and their relationship hardships. One of the men lives in this building – he is in his sixties and has a few tufts of dry blonde hair remaining, seems depressed. I am mostly an observer for the first couple of hours, but after this man finishes a story with a defeated “…but there’s always scotch” {pouring himself another tall glass} I suddenly fly into an emotionally-charged tirade against him, chastising him for wasting his life and for being a coward. Shortly after this I am ejected back into the mind-ship with a golden egg.

The dream skips ahead many years. Time passes differently within the room and I am older but still relatively young. The rack is full. My brother enters the ship and I am talking to him, asking him how he is and what he’s been doing. He mentions that he’s spent most of his time playing games. I ask him why he’s been playing so many games, see on his face that he enters his own mind for a moment but then reemerges and begins listing the games which he has been playing. I begin to reiterate “why” rather than “which” – he grabs an egg off of the rack and takes a bite out of it. I know that while there are many copies of each egg, if they are destroyed in this way they can never be recovered, and this is the egg which is called Joy and I fall to the floor with an instant slam of depression.
    I wail at him, curse him for his callousness, and fight the crushing sorrow, trying to get to my feet. He grabs another egg and destroys it between his teeth. This is Compassion, and I tackle him and and begin to unleash a fury of blows upon his face.
    Some time later I am riding on a bicycle with a crew of people from the neighbourhood in which I grew up. I am a wise yet violent badass at this point, and I get into a fistfight with Daniel Wilson in this scene.

unicole
    Keymaster

I keep dreaming every night about my exboyfriend who I don’t talk to IRL. In some dreams we get along and in others we fight. I think we’re done fighting now though because we worked everything out a few nights ago with the help of Magician of the Other-Realms/Dream Counselor Jeremy Garner who somehow set up a situation where we would empathize with one another in the dream realm. Since then, we have been getting along in my dreams which I am very grateful to be doing.

Cyan Goon
    Participant

What are the deetz on the setup of this situation?

Why such consistent dreaming about him? Big time drama-traumas and what-not?

I need some dream opponents. Whether to wrestle with arms or for a game of Galactic Domination or Demon Realm Conquest or a jungle parkour race or Space Dolphin Jousting or you know, /whatever/. Dream AI just isn’t cutting it anymore.

Do you often or ever find yourself dreaming an old dream again? I’ll sometimes walk through a door or up through a hole in a roof in a dream and find that I am in a familiar location, though as this.dream’s protagonist.

My dreams are more spatial-oriented than most people whom I speak with about dreams, and it seems that other people tend to have a stronger feeling of identity with the dream’s narrator/protagonist/camera. One of my roommates’ dreams tend to be full of action and usually have post-apocalyptic/dystopian future and violent anti-establishment conflict themes. My other roommate’s dreams are mostly about embarrassing situations, sexual guilt, body-shame, inadequacy, inability to meet overwhelming demands.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.