Tips for when you're Feeling Unmotivated?

WELCOME Forums Unicultism & Other Ideologies Health Tips for when you're Feeling Unmotivated?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyrie Fluffins
    Participant

I’m feeling unmotivated about doing anything today – not even anything fun. I can’t get my mind excited to do anything. Does anyone have tips for when this happens and you’re feeling unmotivated to do anything?

CosmicWizard
    Participant

Personally, when I have those kind of days, I just embrace it. There’s nothing wrong with just being still, recharging, re-centering. We’ve been living in a society that, in general, has become too accustomed to thinking you have to constantly being working, constantly busy busy busy.

I’ve gotten to a point where I’ve changed my definition of “unmotivated.” It doesn’t even have a place in my vocabulary any more. I’ve realized that there is always motivation in some direction, and if that motivation is to do very little, then that’s absolutely fine. Sometimes my motivation is to simply relax. I’ve started saying things like ‘I AM motivated.. I’m motivated to just catch up on sleep today.’ Or ‘I AM motivated, to just chill and watch a movie.’ Or ‘I AM motivated, to just meditate quietly.’ and so on. Just because I don’t feel like doing much, it doesn’t mean I’m “unmotivated,” it just means that relaxing or whatever IS my motivation at the time.

Cyan Goon
    Participant

For myself – I often feel unmotivated and in a sort of second-sleep which I need to pull myself out of to start doing things outside of my mechanical habits. Cold showers and exercise help me get to a more fully conscious state. So does trying something new, navigating to a new place, conversing with someone unfamiliar – anything which forces me to focus, provides an unusual stress or shock, or which will otherwise knock the needle on my internal record player.
    Caffeine can sometimes be a trap as it can make me feel like I’m motivated when I’m really just running the same program but faster – if this is all that you are feeling you need, perhaps a cup or two of coffee is all that you need. I find that it precisely does ‘get my mind excited for anything’.

As CosmicWizard says, though, perhaps this is just a self-signal for you to Summer of George.
    It could also be symptom of an episode of depression, in which case the best thing may still be to just rest.
    In any case, meditation is a good idea.

Cyan Goon
    Participant

Using binaural beats or some other method of brain entrainment to get into a beta wave state may also be helpful. Electrical induction is possible.

Kyrie Fluffins
    Participant

Thanks for the ideas! ♥

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Kyrie Fluffins. Reason: html
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.