UNIDIET!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Kyrie Fluffins
    Participant

Day 3 Side Effects:
    – Feel Happier
    – More Psychic
    – More Energy
    – Less need for sleep
    – Manifesting & Getting sh*t DONE!!!

kopns
    Participant

Rad!

Thanks Unicole for posting smoothie recipes, because I totally forget to add dates when ordering smoothies at work. I have a smoothie every day between breakfast and lunch, usually incorporating citrus. I’ve been wanting one that’s chocolaty and more indulgent but because I used unsweetened milk, wasn’t too sure how to really hit the flavor mark until… dates! This one was made with unknown measurements of
    unsweetened almond milk
    almond butter
    banana
    cacao
    2 dates

smoothieee

Observations Day 2: no major sugar cravings. My body REALLY is so over processed sugar, but my taste buds are sure drooling at the sight of sweets!

I didn’t get enough sleep last night and my latte wasn’t really kicking in. The smoothie gave me loads more natural energy than the any caffeine high I got from the espresso.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by kopns.
    unicole
    Keymaster

I love to read all these posts! Kyrie, my side effects have been the same. Also I’ve been having problems with zits lately which is directly tied to sugar consumption. I’m so happy to have stopped eating sugar and incorporating juice/smoothies because now my skin is clear and bright and so are my insides. I feel so much better when I eat like this, I can’t believe I wasn’t for so long. I did have some sugar yesterday, I ordered a sweet coffee drink with almond milk and I asked them to make it less sweet than they normally do. It was pretty good but I felt the weight of the sugar later and how tired it actually made me. Good reminder to stay away from it!
    Yesterday I had juice, carrot, ginger, kale. I don’t actually like ginger in my juice but it’s pretty good for you so I’m glad I drank it anyway.
    Today’s smoothie is totally magical. I was inspired because Christina and Jen were both eating mangos on instagram and when I checked mine, it was perfectly ripe.
    – a fuck ton of spinach
    – 1 mango
    – 2 bananas
    – 1 small carrot
    – unsweetened rice milk

I’m so grateful to have a juicer and a vitamix. I lusted after these items for so many years, I feel like a queen to be able to make these kinds of foods for myself properly.

I’ve been connecting with lion beings lately and since I have, my roommates cats have been ALL OVER ME.

Cyan Goon
    Participant

All Lions Are One [all lines/rays converge on one(Sun{Leo})].

Do you ever use avocado in smoothie?
    I like to add turmeric to give it a nice radioactive chartreuse glow.

kopns
    Participant

Unicole, Black cats and green smoothies, I don’t know which that image sells me on more. Vitamix is definitely a godsend. I generally avoid sugar in my beverages, but one day I asked for a latte at work with sweetened vanilla almond milk and HOLY CRAP it was SO SWEET. I didn’t realize how much my tastes had changed since going unsweetend.

Cyan, I never remember to use avocado in smoothies. But, I always have random bits of avocado leftovers that I need to use. I think it may be a life changer, once I do try it.

Feeling better, and more energetic. Due partly to getting enough sleep the last two nights, and maybe partly to no added sugar??

Haven’t really missed sugar. I lust over all sorts of images of dessert on instagram, but I know I’ll enjoy them more once this challenge is over. My intention is to have no sugar these two weeks, then continue with no sugar while working. I find that I don’t get to really enjoy desserts when I go out and such because I mindlessly overindulge during work. I look forward to having self control at work and enjoying healthier nightly treats, and indulging when I go out! So thankful for Unidiet coming into my life when I really needed it!

Cyan Goon
    Participant

ALL IS LOST!

I went in to my workplace today to collect a cheque. I arrived during the hour in which the place closes to shift their setup from breakfast to dinner, and there were some co-workers sitting at the bar eating a cake. “You came at the perfect time, Devon! Have some cake!” called the bartender, though my attention was already directed at the chef at this point. I was on a mission and had no time for cake so I automatically accepted this as the reason why not to eat cake, not processing that I was also not in the frame of time in which I was permitted to eat. So after solidifying the reality of certain details in the chef’s mind I go to get this cheque, and the person whom I ask (I would say “human” but I’m pretty sure that this man is at least part reptilian) tells me that I must wait some minutes and so to go and eat cake during this time. And then I ate cake. Only after I actually left the building did I regain my mind and realize that the cake was a mistake. This account should serve to provide the means to my end to any agent which may wish my demise; social anxiety and a lack of double-validation == a Devo easily undone.
    So it would be best that you send no golden star stickers to my address.

I will be taking up the fasting pattern again tomorrow but for today I’ll leave it on the floor because this also conveniently allows me to get some drinks later at this friend’s birthday/internet forum meetup which I have just learned is happening.

unicole
    Keymaster

No failures! Only lessons. Devon, you are not alone. Even though I knew not to eat the sugar, today I ate some chocolate. It made my whole mouth feel weird and gross and I was like OK lesson learned again. Additionally, every day I’ve done UNIDIET my green smoothie has gotten later and later in the day to the point that tonight I literally had to drink it after 9pm lol. So I am readjusting so that my green smoothie is first in line as far as food goes.

I have not have avocado in smoothies but I have had it in nice cream and it is amazing in that. Makes the nice cream EXTRA creamy. No need to freeze so long as you’re freezing the bananas.

Kopns, I love the update and the addition of “what I’m looking forward to” – that is powerful. I am looking forward to literally glowing. My skin is starting to take on that juicer radiance and I feel pretty great all around. Super positive mood and negative thoughts are coming and going like a gentle breeze rather than the storm they usually are. I also am looking forward to drinking more water as I am very parched.

Do you think it’s good to drink so much rice milk? I’m thinking out trying to use more water but it is a weird thing for me mentally to imagine all the food suspended in water, almost like throw up. For some reason rice milk erases this debilitating thought.

Tonight’s late night smoothie was simply 2 bananz, PB, spinach, and rice milk

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by unicole.
    kopns
    Participant

I can’t imagine there’s anything wrong with using rice milk, but I’m no expert on rice milk. It’s funny what you say about water! I know there’s something very unappealing about water as a smoothie base. I’ve listened to Dr Rhonda Patrick talk biochemistry and how to optimize our diets for health and longevity; rather than water she uses almond milk in her daily smoothie.

Here’s her recipe for inspiration.

With the Vitamix, it’s really easy to make your own nut milk just by blending nuts with water. The milk at the store is pretty watered down so, depending how you adjust the ratio, I assume it shouldn’t cost any more than purchasing pre-made. Plus it has the added benefit of being to your liking, having no additives, and retaining all of the nutrients you should be getting from nuts. Just toss them in with water and blend before adding other ingredients and it couldn’t be easier!

Otherwise, when choosing a pre-made milk, I’d look for something fortified with nutrients like calcium, b12, maybe vitamin D?… I think that’s what’s common? One benefit to my daily latte habit is all the nutrients I’m receiving from the almond milk. There’s always a silver lining! Haha

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by kopns.
    unicole
    Keymaster

I feel great. So happy I’m eating this way. Maybe I’ll make my own rice milk. Seems easy enough.

mikebreezeway
    Participant

Overeating at times, so just trying to eat appropriate portions. Did you know our stomachs can expand to hold about 1 gal. volume of food? We continually stuff them when it’s not necessary. If we focus on the brains executive function area (pre-fontal cortex), we CAN make the decision we actually want. Use state control to act they way you really want to.
    —AKA Mike Breezeway
    —AKA The Breeze

unicole
    Keymaster

I’m eating more veggies and fruit throughout the day now as well. I am feeling great. I should be drinking more water is all. It’s on my todo list. lol.

kopns
    Participant

Unicole, great to hear you’re feeling so good by nourishing your body with healing foods.

Since about the 3rd day of no sugar, I’ve felt more clarity, motivation. and positive energy. Facebook memories showed me that I was on a no sugar challenge at this same time 3 years ago. I feel like this time I was on coming off a complete sugar overload, and the effects have been more dramatic. It’s a real eye opener.

Kyrie Fluffins
    Participant

Final Observations:

Symptoms:
    – Overheating a lot
    – Thirsty a lot

– Happier, less dependence on antidepressants (Whoo!).
    – 3rd Eye/Pineal Gland Activation
    – Near 0 need for sleep!
    – Seeing Aliens
    – Day is filled with more creative/imaginative/useful thinking

Verdict: I will be continuing to take vitamins daily and eat beef occasionally.

unicole
    Keymaster

Thank you all for participating in UNIDIET. Ribbons were mailed out today. Congratulations!

Kyrie Fluffins
    Participant

Whoo! Thank you @unicole, this helped change my life! The Vitamins helped me a TON and are now part of my every day routine!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.