Tips for "letting go" of Anger?

WELCOME Forums Unicultism & Other Ideologies Health Tips for "letting go" of Anger?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyrie Fluffins
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone have tips for “letting go” of Anger? That is something I’m working through right now, and I could use some guidance. I have the habit of [metaphorically] putting everything into a tiny little box and just shoving it aside until my issue builds up and up, and up, and finally, …explodes.

How can I better deal with this?

Thanks!

Cyan Goon
    Participant

You’ll best serve yourself by dealing with the issues which are causing you this anger rather than by either repressing then uncontrollably expressing or detaching from this anger. Anger, like all emotions, serves a purpose within your psyche and shouldn’t be quashed in the hopes of forcing control. The more energy which is used to hold a system together, the greater the expulsion of energy when it inevitably collapses.
    Anger generally comes from emotional boundary violations. Identifying your emotional boundaries and how they are being violated will help make it clear how to set things right for you in that situation and thus clear up the anger.
    Something like that.

unicole
    Keymaster

Cyan’s advice is good. This is a tough one as anger has to work through you for a while. The best thing to do is accept it. Say, I accept that I am angry. This anger is justified and valid. Feel it completely. Try not to do anything harmful while you’re feeling it and eventually it’ll pass once it’s taught u about something.

Yes. Acknowledge your anger is valid. Don’t push it away and cover it with another emotion. Let yourself feel the anger so you can let it go…and then imagine you are watching it float away like a leaf in a river. (Ive done a lot of visualization work and its really helped me). Radical acceptance of anger!

mikebreezeway
    Participant

I have learned that forgiveness is for the benefit of YOU, not for the other individual. One of the best books I’ve read on the subject is “Forgive for Good” by Luskin. Do not miss the opportunity to read this book, it is one of the most important books I have ever read on the subject. It establishes what grievances are, then leads you to a process of dealing with them. This is for the benefit of YOU, and you do not have to let go of how you actually (and realistically) feel about the other person.
    —AKA Mike Breezeway
    —AKA The Breeze

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.